May 13, 2011

Three posts in one day...

....not bad!  I had a few things I wanted to cover, and to avoid one 17 page post, I decided to break them down a little bit.  So I want this blog to be a place where you can track the Lyon family: Mike, Monica, Katie and Ashley.  We strive to be a family that is chasing God.  Wanting to do what HE calls us to.  It isn't easy but here's a recap of where we are now:
Mike has made a huge step in the last year.  (Besides asking me to be his wife) He has made the decision to go back to school and get his degree in Biblical Studies.  He is working through an online adult studies program through Indiana Wesleyan University.  This was a big step not only for Mike but for our entire family.  We are being blessed by this in so many ways.  (And I for one am so proud of him!) In addition to this Mike has accepted the Interim Youth Director position at Warsaw First United Methodist Church.  He is working with Jr High - College ages students...and loving every minute of it.  He was made for it!  Both of these things are in addition to his full time job at Supreme, being a new husband, fixing up the house, and attending every possible event or activity for the girls.  WHEW. I got tired just typing all of that!

I am still working with the United Way of Kosciusko County full time. In March 2010 I began working as the Director of Children's Ministry at Warsaw First United Methodist Church (do you see a pattern here? after almost a year of attending different churches, we are finally serving at the same church - and man, have they blessed us!).  It's so great to be back in the ministry that God has called me to...and I love my work at UW too!  I am still learning how to be a good wife and step mom (I just celebrated my first Mother's Day - so exciting!), trying to find some time for friends, picking up a few other jobs here and there and now working with the realtor to sell our house.  

Katie is a Senior at Wawasee, and anxiously awaiting June 7th.  She is planning to attend Ball State in the fall to major in something like Graphic Design...I still can't quite explain it :)  Katie has a really quiet personality, but don't let her fool you - she isn't afraid to stand up for something she really believes in!  She is thoughtful, compassionate, and loves to overanalyze - if you know me, you know that this means we get along great!

Ashley is a Junior at Wawasee, but still anxiously awaiting June 7th.  She is hoping to get her driver's license this summer - as am I so she can drive herself to the endless practices that she has (this girl is in everything!).  She sings in the Praise Band at church sometimes, is in drama at the high school, and show choir.  She is a girl after my own heart!  We can talk about music and theatre all day!  Ashley is the opposite of Katie...a loud, always laughing, in your face personality.  She likes to smile and have a good time. 

I love my new little family so dearly, I could go on forever. Stay tuned, and I will!

No comments:

Post a Comment