May 24, 2011

Something about a Sister

There's just something about a sister my seester. 


Actually there are a lot of somethings:

- she is a "real confidence booster". As we were growing up when someone was picking on Lex she would say, "well aren't you just a real confidence booster."  As we have grown up we have tweaked this skill and now we tell each other all the time - "you are pretty, tan, skinny, tall, rich, smart, funny."  I know most of the time she is kidding me but when she says these things she makes me smile.


- I love that she leans on me and I lean on her.  If we got a dollar for the number of times in our lives that we have exchanged the words, "I haven't told anyone else this..." we would have millions.  We can keep each others secrets and analyze each others issues.  We know how to push each others buttons; we can scream at each other and fifteen minutes later be cuddled in bed watching a chick-flick.  Lex and I will talk on the phone for ten minutes and be completely caught up on each other's lives.  She and I live about 100 miles apart but I can tell the second I answer the phone that something is wrong.  Geck is the first one I think of to call when something really good or really bad happens. 

- Alexis is a great wife.  She handles herself in a marriage in such a remarkable way.  She is forgiving, understanding and loving of her husband in ways that I can't even comprehend.  And she made a stunning bride...AKA Sexy Al.


- she is persistent.  Alexis has been through a lot of things medically (nothing major or even current) but she has never let it get her down.  When she was in high school she went through a number of surgeries and endless rehab but she never let that bother her AND each time she would get right back to it.  She always rarely takes any less than what she wants.  She's the baby and the princess and she ain't afraid to remind you if you forget.
- she is my world.  My family is incredibly close - I have even gained another sister through marriage and I love Sara but.  I have found the man that God made just for me but.  I have two beautiful step-daughters that I care for deeply but.  I have the most amazing friends but. 

But let me tell you blogworld, there's just something about my seester.


Love you Gecky!

No comments:

Post a Comment