May 20, 2011

Marriage matters

I was searching for some scripture verses this morning about marriage and as I read through them I realized that I still have a lot of work to do!  I don't pray enough for mine, I don't follow the guidance Christ gave me to be a great wife, I don't put Mike first enough, I can't seem to consistently support Him as God requires.  I am just learning, but what I know for sure is that I want to be a God-fearing wife.  I want Christ as the center of my marriage.  I have been incredibly blessed, and I want to honor God with all that I have.  Take time today and let your spouse know how much you love them, pray for them and your marriage.  Read the Bible together, even if for 5 minutes.


Mike - you should know that I am crazy about you.  I love who you are in Christ.  You are such a great example for me on what it means to live for Him.  Thanks for putting up with me and being patient as God continues to work in my life.  You're my bestest! 

I ask each one of you to join me in this prayer of Scripture for your marriage and mine!  I know that God hears us when we pray and will bless us!


Let love be genuine; hate what is evil, hold fast to what is good; love one another with mutual affection; outdo one another in showing honor. Do not lag in zeal, be ardent in spirit, serve the Lord. Rejoice in hope, be patient in suffering, persevere in prayer. Romans 12:9-12

No comments:

Post a Comment